Join Root Level Technology at KubeCon 2019, the Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s annual conference that gathers leaders from the open source and cloud native communities! The conference will be held in San Diego, CA from November 18 – 21, 2019 at the San Diego Convention Center!
RLT’s own, Braden Wright (Solutions Architect), Paul Palmer (EVP of Sales) and Samantha Skaggs (Outreach and Engagement Manager) will be attending this year’s conference. KubeCon is going to be jam packed with great speakers like Keynote speaker Kelsey Hightower who will be reflecting on KubeCon and CloudNativeCon from the beginning to where we are now. Kelsey is a great speaker and his Keynote is not one to be missed!
Braden, our resident Kubernetes expert, is looking forward to the below talks:
- How the Department of Defense Moved to Kubernetes and Istio by Nicolas Chailan
- OPA Introduction & Community Update by Rita Zhang and Patrick East
- Writing a Kubernetes Operator: The Hard Parts by Sebastien Guilloux
- Kubernetizing Big Data and ML Workloads at Uber by Mayank Bansal & Min Cai
- Supercharge Kubeflow Performance on GPU Clusters by Meenakshi Kaushik & Neelima Mukiri
However, he is especially looking forward to these!
- KubeFlow’s Serverless Component: 10x Faster, a 1/10 of the Effort by Orit Nissan-Messing; and
- Serverless Platform for Large Scale Mini-Apps by Yitao Dong & Ke Wang .
These will be interesting talks because serverless is becoming a popular option when architecting systems in K8s. KNative was already in a pretty good place and had some really cool possibilities, however, we are eager to see what they have done in the last year.
For a glimpse of last year’s talks check out RLT’s KubeCon Day 3 blog.
Don’t miss out on this year’s KubeCon, register here! We look forward to seeing everyone in San Diego!